Powered by Jitbit AspNetForum free trial version.
home recent topics recent posts search register faq   AspNetForum v.4.7.5.0

Whistling Fish Software :: Forum

user:
psw:
| lost password
Home » Luthier's Workbench Support » Unable to edit Messages in this topic - RSS
13/12/2014 3:51:27 PM
ccw3432
Posts 2
Hello. I just installed the software and don't know it well yet. I entered a build to test it out. After some time with the program tonight I now can't save any edits to a build I entered. I get an error message that reads "operation must use an updated query". Any ideas? It does this for any field I try to edit on any page so far. Thanks.
14/12/2014 10:00:53 PM
admin
admin
Posts 26
Further to the original message, I received this email:

"I got it working. It was a "read only" check box on my computer. Not sure why it initially let me edit but then stopped. I got it all worked out. Thanks.

Chris"

This highlights the need to have read/write access to the folder in which the data file is stored. Default settings may vary depending upon the operating system, so it's worth checking folder permissions when faced with this problem.

Thanks for the follow-up message Chris.

Cheers
Pete
16/12/2014 10:14:50 AM
admin
admin
Posts 26
Folder permissions are now explicitly set to "read/write" whenever the application is opened. A new version will be released shortly, and the reported problem should not occur again.

Cheers
Pete
16/12/2014 11:32:54 AM
ccw3432
Posts 2
Thanks for the response Pete. It's working great now. I really like the software and I'll be purchasing it when my free trial runs out.
16/12/2014 11:41:56 AM
admin
admin
Posts 26
Thanks Chris. All the best.
pages: 1
|

Home » Luthier's Workbench Support » Unable to edit