Powered by Jitbit AspNetForum free trial version.
home recent topics recent posts search register faq   AspNetForum v.4.7.5.0

Whistling Fish Software :: Forum

user:
psw:
| lost password
Home » Luthier's Workbench Support » Can't start version 1.6.0.0 Messages in this topic - RSS
30/10/2017 7:29:15 AM
G. Hoffman
Posts 5
Every time I try to start, I get this:
30/10/2017 8:46:29 AM
admin
admin
Posts 26
G. Hoffman wrote:
Every time I try to start, I get this:

Please email me a screenshot (peter@whistlingfishsoftware.com.au), or describe the message you're seeing.
edited by admin on 30/10/2017
31/10/2017 1:47:00 AM
G. Hoffman
Posts 5
An Error was generated within the method 'SharedConnection.Connection'.

The error message reads:
'The Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0' provider is not registered on the local machine.

I'm getting the same message on both my Windows 7 and Windows 10 machines.
31/10/2017 8:04:45 AM
admin
admin
Posts 26
The error message indicates that files necessary for connection to the data file are not present on the computer.

Based on similar advice from another person, I have made some changes to the setup program that will detect the absence of these files and prompt the user to download and install them. I expect to release an updated version in the next couple of days. Some additional features and a couple of minor bug fixes will also be included in the release.

In the meantime, if you download and install the 32-bit Microsoft Access Database Engine (AccessDatabaseEngine.exe) from the following web page, I am confident that Luthiers Workbench will run without a problem.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/download/details.aspx?id=13255

Thank you for taking the time to contact me. Without feedback from users of this software such as yourself, I'm otherwise unaware of problems that might occur on individual computers.

Regards
Pete
edited by admin on 31/10/2017
31/10/2017 5:11:58 PM
G. Hoffman
Posts 5
That worked, but now after I've run the program once it is telling me my trial period is over - it definitely hasn't been 30 days. It seems like a decent program, but I need to spend more than an hour or so to figure out if it's going to work for me!
31/10/2017 6:16:35 PM
admin
admin
Posts 26
While I investigate, I've extended the trial period to 60 days and have uploaded a new version to my web server.

If you'd care to download and install the new version, you'll effectively have 30 days in which to assess the software.

Thanks for your patience.

Regards
Pete
1/11/2017 2:21:23 AM
G. Hoffman
Posts 5
When I tried to install that version, I got another error message, this time it says, "Extraction of data downloaded from the web has failed. What would you like to do." Then gives some options, neither of which has worked.

From what I've seen, it does seem to be decent software, once you get it running. One thing you might add (not super critical, but if you are going to have dimensions) is the depth of the body in the new guitar dimensions, and perhaps even depth at the neck block and depth at the tail block, since they will usually be different.
1/11/2017 7:59:59 AM
admin
admin
Posts 26
One of the difficulties for me as a developer is replicating a "clean" computer to test the download and installation process. As you've found out, there are some teething problems that I hadn't anticipated, and I thank you again for taking the trouble to communicate them to me.

As a sign of my appreciation, If you'd care to email me, I'll reply with a licence key that will unlock the software.

Regards
Pete
Email: peter@whistlingfishsoftware.com.au
1/11/2017 8:09:01 AM
admin
admin
Posts 26
Where the body depth dimensions are concerned, I have made provision for measurements at the neck block and tail block on the Maintain Build screen. My thinking was that builders are likely to tailor these dimensions from one instrument to the next. In my own case, my last couple of OMs have measured 4 1/4" and 4 1/2" respectively at the tail block. Perhaps the best solution is to allow default measurements to be recorded when entering model details. The Maintain Build would display these defaults initially, but allow them to be overwritten at the discretion of the user.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Regards
Pete
1/11/2017 9:09:22 AM
G. Hoffman
Posts 5
I do understand the idea of beta testing, and am cool with it. And while I appreciate the offer, I suspect this is not a high volume product, so given the price if I end up using it, I'll pay. I understand what running a small business is like.
1/11/2017 9:25:35 AM
admin
admin
Posts 26
No problem. The feedback I receive from those interested enough to communicate difficulties and offer suggestions is worth the price of a license key to me, so if you also pay, it's an added bonus!

Regards
Pete
pages: 1
|

Home » Luthier's Workbench Support » Can't start version 1.6.0.0